Monday, August 6, 2012

People.

Sometimes I don't understand people. People (me, I, we, and they) are selfish, controlling, hateful, mean, insincere, forgetful,  passive aggressive, and the list just goes on and on.

There are days when I have to constantly remind myself that people (me, I, we, and they) can also be kind, good, helpful, loving, selfless, loyal, and generous too. And that the good qualities can go on and on as well.

The thing is that life is hard. And every person is dealing with it in the best way they now how. Who knows what a person is struggling with/rejoicing over at any given moment that they might cross your path. I have to remember that we are a flawed and fallen people. Each person (myself included) deserves the benefit of the doubt in most cases.

I have been really struggling with people lately. Especially with people that I thought loved and cherished me (and my circumstances) unconditionally. It is just really hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that close friends and family are going to be the people that disappoint and let me down the most/hardest.

These are some verses that God has given me in recent weeks and they have been giving me a great deal of comfort and peace. (I hope they can/will do the same for you.)

John 16:33 (NASB), "These things I have spoken to you, so that in ME you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Romans 8:18 (NASB), "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

Romans 8:26 (NASB), "In the same way that the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."

Ephesians 3:20-21 (NASB), "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

Ephesians 4:32 (NASB), "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."

I am not a perfect person and I never will be. Nobody on this earth is perfect or ever will be, but God is perfect. So I am striving to seek Him daily, so that what I fill myself up with might spill out of me onto others.

No comments:

Post a Comment