Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh my back!

Holy cow. I played in an ultimate tournament this past weekend and my lower back is killing me.

I have played in tournaments many times before. Some much more strenuous and/or long. Granted I did get form tackled by a young male player (in what is supposed to be a non-contact sport!), but I have been knocked over before. I have never felt this kind of terrible and lingering pain in my back before.

If this is what it means to be "getting older" they can have it back. I don't want to age and have this much trouble recuperating after a day of mostly fun ultimate.

I can hardly even pick up my daughter and you can forget about carrying her around the house. I have been alternating  between ice and heat, and rest and stretching, but nothing seems to help.

Getting old is for the birds. And it makes my back hurt.

Guess I will be making my first chiropractic appointment if things don't improve in the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. My friend, you are far from old but you are awesomely athletic!

    ReplyDelete