Monday, January 14, 2013

Sickos

No not other people - us. The little one has had a cold and stomach bug over the last couple of days. And I have caught her fabulous cold. No, it isn't really fabulous. In fact it pretty much stinks.

Each day of illness has been long and tear-filled. Each night has been even longer and more exhausting than the day. I hate it when my baby is sick. I imagine (hope) that every parent feels that way. They are so small and helpless and they don't understand that there isn't always something mommy or daddy can do to fix it. So sad.

That being said...how in the heck are we going to do this when there are two of them?!?!?! I am barely hanging on and surviving with just one sick kiddo. What about when I have a sick kiddo and a newborn? Or two sick kiddos? Honestly, the only thing that has gotten me through the last few days is relying on the Lord to provide the strength I need to just make it through, one day at a time. That and the fact that my husband is a super team player, who is way more patient than I am, and who is willing to take an equal share in the grossness that is a stomach bug. I am so blessed to have him as my teammate.

Thank you Jesus for your sustaining grace and my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment